Buckingham Investment’s CEO, Anthony Walker was recently on The Real Estate Syndication Show with Whitney Sewell and talked about navigating your broker relationships. If you’re interested in learning more about how to find the right broker, be sure to check it out! To watch the show or listen to the podcast, visit their website at Lifebridge Capital here!
Official episode description:
Today our guest, Anthony Walker, CEO and managing broker of Buckingham Investments is here to help us navigate that relationship with deals that are hard to find. Being a broker is all about relationships. He discusses the do’s and don’ts, finding a broker that understands the syndication business, choosing the right broker for you, treating your broker right and the importance of building a strong relationship. For all this and more, keep listening!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Anthony shares more about his background as a broker and how he got started.
- Best practices to develop a relationship with a broker.
- Finding a broker that understands the syndication business.
- Benefits of working with a new agent/broker.
- How to get on the “like to work with” list.
- Doing your due diligence and when a re-trade is acceptable.
- Having the right attitude and being transparent.
- The broker has a ton of leverage to sway the seller.
- The hardest parts about being a broker.
- Why sellers will take it to the top person who will close.
- Creating more original content and doing in-person networking and events.
- How the people around Anthony has contributed to his success.
- Anthony gives back by working with Loyola Marymount University